1. a person who operates a side show at a circus, fair, etc., especially a gambling attraction.
2. a swindler, dishonest gambler, or the like.
If the 2008 crisis is just the sum of buffoonish mistakes that hurt everyone involved, why did the monkeys swinging at the top of the trees end up with all the bananas?
Matt Taibbi’s Griftopia argues that the story of the crisis is actually the result of a marriage between Washington and Wall Street, colluding to change market regulations so that money and power can be transferred to the .01% “grifter class”. In no uncertain terms, Taibbi claims that people at all ends of the political spectrum are being bled dry by a tiny class of grifters and their “castrato henchmen” who are all too willing to reward the powers who helped them rise to power.
What do you think?
1. Buy from a local, small-business bookstore
2. Borrow and donate at your local library
3. Use PaperbackSwap.com to lend or borrow it
4. Buy from Amazon as a last resort, which supports our site via 6% of your purchase when you use this link.
F29 Matt Taibbi on Bank of Bank of America | Occupy Wall Street Video